Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Je Me Souviens...


Good evening my friends,

Here we are, another day in the life of the RoadTrippers!

We left North Hero this morning around 11AM and headed out towards the Canadian border who is roughly a 25 minutes drive away (the one on the New York State side, because of the Duty Free!).


I still want to thank our friends yesterday for the wonderful hospitality, it's been great spending some time with them in Vermont.


The immigration officer at the Canadian border has been very nice with us; it is quite an experience to go through a country border for someone like me who has always been used (at least from when I was 18 and older) to be able to roam free through the European Countries. Therefore, yes, it was quite an experience, and a strange feeling for me to realise that after all, the first things I saw in Canada right after we passed the border, were not that different from what i had just seen in Vermont a few minutes before!


We got to Montreal at about 2.30PM when we stopped at "Le Centre Touristique" or something like that, I'm trying to be French here! A nice, corteous lady gave me plenty of information on "la Ville" (The city), including a nice, cheap hotel where to stay located not too far from downtown and all of the attractions.

The Hotel is on Rue St. Andre', and for $63 with parking also included in the rate (not too mention the room service for breakfast!), it makes it a GREAT deal one can't just pass. The room we got look like it's been recently renovated, it's not a big room, but comfortable enough, with a major subway station 2 minutes away from the front door, we couldn't ask for more.

And speaking of not asking for more, I have to thank the Italian Soccer Team for kicking some "bleu" as**s today, winning against France in the European Soccer Tournament so that we can go on and hope to win the cup! Most of you don't have a clue what I'm saying, but I needed to say that anyway.

We met with Chris, a friend of ours for drinks at his place, then we all went over to have another drink at a bar not too far from where he lives, and after that, the three of us had dinner together at a very nice Thai place: good choice Chris!

I like Montreal so far, and I'm really looking forward to driving around the city with the top down tomorrow while Chris will play tour guide for us!

I'm sure it's going to be a busy day tomorrow, a lot of walking, a lot to see. You know I'll keep you posted.

Life is good,

Nico

No comments: