Thursday, June 5, 2008

Providence, Rhode Island!


Here we are, in Rhode Island, the Ocean State (and here I personally always add “Job Lot”!); so anyway, here we are in Rhode Island, NO, wait a minute, we’re in Massachusetts, turn the car around, but no, can’t you see the sign, it says Rhode Island!



This is the way I picture someone travelling on I95 on any other road across the border from Rhode Island to Massachusetts! I lost the count, I don’t know how many times we went past that imaginary line humans have established to create boundaries, and put invisible limitations that sometimes might have a great impact on our lives, like taxes, or gas (since it is so “en vogue” right now to bi**h and moan about how gasoline prices are going through the roof).



We started off from Mystic, CT and headed east on I95, final destination “Fall River, MA”, where we spent roughly two hours wondering through Main Street and its local shops. We then headed back to Providence, RI where I visited the Johnson & Wales – Providence Campus for the first time. I also visited their bookstore, because I was in desperate need of a sweatshirt! LOL The temperatures here in New England have been desperately dropping, 75F to 59F, and being the Floridian I am, I started feeling like I was getting a little bit too cold! LOL That’s $39 right there for my hooded sweatshirt, but what the heck, at least I’m contributing to support my Alma Mater.



We hung around the Providence Downtown Mall (yes, just in case you’re wondering, today we were both in “Shopping Mode”), where we investigated the option of switching from Verizon to AT&T (for several different reasons), but also bought each one new pair of Puma Shoes. I found myself a pair I had my eyes on for ages, but always had to give up because they didn’t come in half sizes, and I’m a 11½! It’s a brand new pair of red leathered Puma sneakers with the Ferrari brand symbol on the back outer edge of both shoes, so so cool! ;-) Hap bought himself a pair of white sneakers, similar to the ones he had already and automatically destroyed because he liked them too much and always had them on!


At around 5PM we went to Newport, RI, a place that will always have its charm, even in the blistering cold. All right, I understand for you Northerners 59F is not that cold, but hey, this has been the coolest temperature I have been since last November! And guess where that was….Yeah, you got that right, it was November in Rhode Island!!! It makes me want to write: DUUUUUUUUHHHH


At 7PM we joined our good friends from Florida AND Rhode Island Normand and Tom. The picked up a very nice spot in downtown Newport called “Yesterday’s”; nice food, nice atmosphere, great selection of beers (I’m a beer lover), but most of all, great company! We had so many thing to tell to each other that it’s been great to have the chance to sit down and talk for a few hours enjoying an excellent meal. Therefore, thank you guys for such a wonderful evening together.



Tomorrow we’re heading to Cape Cod where we will be staying for the next 8 to 10 days, before starting the next leg of our adventure, going up north to Burlington, VT, Montreal, Quebec, Toronto, Ontario, and then come back down to see Niagara Falls, and finally head out west to National Parks, and Seattle, Washington State

To me it sounds like a lot of fun, I’m sure it will.

Good night from “The Ocean State”
Nico

No comments: