Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Penalty Kicks Lottery – Recipe For How To Lose a Euro Cup!


It’s been another lovely day, and I should have got that vibration from early this morning when we woke up only to find that our hosts had made a wonderful breakfast for us! Omelettes, potatoes, bread, chocolate cupcakes (my favorite!), bananas, and oven warm croissants!


One of their neighbors, Wanda, also delivered some fresh homemade muffins, who literally melted in my mouth, so delicious!

We took the street car downtown as planned, and we ended up getting off at the Eaton Centre, where Hap and I looked closely at some Puma shoes we wanted to add to our collection, as we don’t have enough of those already.


After that, we just took a walk outside, as it was such a wonderful day. More than a walk, I think we did a transcontinental expedition as we’ve been walking from downtown to Little Italy through Chinatown and some other places, and I’ve been just told that that is quite a walk!

Little Italy because of the Euro Cup soccer game obviously; I wanted to be among fellow citizens to watch the game, and if necessary, joy or cry together for today’s match result. The penalty kicks that so much joy brought us two years ago at the world cup, this time kicked us out of the competition.


The neighborhood was absolutely packed, a river of green, white and red flags, and blue jerseys, Italy’s colors. We stopped at a NOT so crowded little gelato place called “Dolce” (that in Italian means sweet) and we stayed there for the whole duration of the game, and that was more than two hours!

On the way to the gelato place, we also stopped at a local store in Chinatown that sold flags, and I bought two baseball caps, and one flag for the game. I wonder how much would the same flag cost me now, now that Italy has lost! LOL


On the way back we experienced the subway (I must say clean and efficient) probably slightly better than Montreal’s system. Tomorrow is another day, and depending on what the VW dealer says about the car, we’re planning on having lunch at the 360 Restaurant at the CN Tower, weather permitting, as I would like to take some pictures from up there.


Pray for us, but most of all, pray for “The Bug”,

Nico

No comments: